Monday, August 29, 2016

YOUR BODY IS BEAUTIFUL

Okayyyy so this is my first official blog post. Welcome! hahahahaha--So what imma do is talk about somethin I feel really strongly about, and that is women's bodies. I'm one of those people that gets really really annoyed with body shaming and I find it so sad when people hate their bodies or wish they could change them.  Now don't get me wrong, obviously I'm a teenager and I've struggled with body image, however my outlook on my body has changed dramatically over the past 2 years. See I used to have a friend who would always make comments about my stomach. Put into context, it sounded like I was being called fat or chubby. I had never worried much about things like that before but suddenly it seemed like a huge deal to have a perfectly flat stomach with abs. I am a very healthy weight for my height and age and I have never dealt with being overweight or anything, however sometimes I would begin to question if what she said was true. Suddenly, it was a bigger deal to me to have a perfectly flat stomach. I didn't do anything huge; I didn't start doing hundreds of sit-ups a day or eating less, I simply wore an undershirt over my bra everyday so that when we changed in P.E., she wouldn't see my tummy. To this day, when I see a camisole tank top I get a little sad that I used to feel that I needed to wear one. Now after the girl stopped making comments, I stopped caring. For some reason since then, I have only gotten more confident in my body. Somehow, her comments only bothered me when she said them. But we need to make sure more girls know that it's normal and okay to feel insecure sometimes, everyone does, but we need to learn to be confident, despite what the world tells us is a "perfect body". There's no such thing!!

I am somebody that actually has a butt and I also have pretty muscular thighs. I have dealt with simply wanting smaller thighs, but I have come to love them. I'm grateful to have muscle in my legs. I'm grateful to be more on the curvy side. However, if you are naturally twig thin, love your body too!! There's no such thing as being "too skinny" or "too big" or "too curvy". YOURE NOT "TOO" ANYTHING EXCEPT TOO PERFECT. Now when it gets unhealthy, you should obvuously probably see your doctor. But watching people judge other girls' bodies, and watching people judge their own bodies is so sad. Everyone is so beautifully perfect the way they are. Even figures like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner or Selena Gomez, who are some peoples' definition of a "perfect body" are constantly being called too skinny, fat, chubby, or thin. I know right? I didn't know people would use all four to describe the same body.

Can I ask you all to do me a favor? Stop looking to people as "body goals". Stop thinking "I wish I looked like that", "My life would be better if I lost weight", "Nobody likes me because I'm *insert word for body shaming*"; you are so beautiful how you are, she is so beautiful how she is, they are so beautiful how they are. Stop feeling like you need to change yourself to look like somebody else.
However, what I'm NOT saying is that you can't lose weight or eat healthy because you're already perfect. If you want to set a goal and work hard for it by eating well and doing fun workouts, do you sista!! But don't ever feel like you have to do something because other people are or because you feel like you have to. Do everything in your life to make you the happiest and most confident version of yourself.

Believe me when I tell you that loving your body is one of the greatest feelings. It helps you to care so much less what other people think about the way you look. You start to focus on your personality, and being the happiest and most loving version of yourself that you can ever be. So please, try harder to love yourself and stop being your own biggest critic, because you're so beautiful and you deserve to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment