Tuesday, September 13, 2016

FOR PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS

This post is for all the people out there (my invisible followers) who feel like they're alone. Who are so sick of not getting answers and who would do ANYTHING to feel just a little bit better. For everybody with chronic pain, for everybody who doesn't want to go to another doctors appointment this week for fear that it will be just like last time. This post is for you. This post is for you because I know how all of that feels and for awhile I felt like my world was crashing down in front of me.

I have struggled with stomach pain since the age of 9. The pain has always varied, sometimes paralyzing, sometimes bearable enough for daily life. Doctors have always run tons of tests on me in hope to discover what's wrong. Blood tests, urine tests, ultra sounds, x-rays, CT scans, you name it. If this is your life, you know what I mean. As a kid it was hard to deal with people telling me that "everything looked normal". When you're ten years old and someone tells you that what you're feeling isn't real, it hurts. When your friends don't believe the pain because they can't see it, that hurts too. But I'm here to tell you, things can get better. To be honest, that probably sucks to hear. It sucks like it sucks to hear "you're okay" over and over again when you're not. It sucks like when people ask you how you are and you have to act like everything is happiness and rainbows. It sucks like hearing "people have  it worse" from time to time. And it sucks like it sucks to hear "are you sure it isn't just _______?" But trust me on this one. THINGS WILL GET BETTER. You will become stronger. You will overcome some of the mental challenges that come from being physically sick. Just trust me; you will.

One of the things that was hard for me to deal with was people who didn't believe me after extended periods of time. With each person I know, it has come to a place where at one point in time they doubted my genuinity about how I felt. They were annoyed that, yet again, I cancelled our plans out of pain. They were sick of hearing "not good" as the answer to "how are you?" They were fed up with "excuses" and figured that, if I was actually doing what I was supposed to, I would be better by now. This is what this blog is for. If anybody else has dealt with similar things, I want to help you. I want to relate to you and to tell you it will be okay from someone who has gotten better and who has gotten through it. I want to give you hope.

So for anyone dealing with anything physically, mentally, emotionally, you can talk to me. EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY

No comments:

Post a Comment